What are the major health concerns among men and women across the world? Well, obesity will certainly top the list. A little extra bulge at different parts of the body, especially the mid area, not only gives an unflattering look but also leads to many serious diseases. From bad food habits to unhealthy lifestyle choices, there are multiple factors contributing to the accumulation of fat in body. Needless to say, it has become one of the most common physical issues people need to struggle with these days.
According to experts, one must eat healthy and exercise regularly to melt away those stubborn layers of fat from different body parts. But the combination of a healthy diet and regular workout also sometimes fails to budge flab. This leave people open to alternative choices like and massage is one of the top among them.
However, the impact of the massage on body fat is a matter of contradiction. Most people are still not sure whether it can really squeeze body fat out or not. Let us put an end to all your confusion today.
Is Massage Effective Against Body Fat?
Well, the simplest answer to this question is ‘yes, it is’. When performed the right way, massage can actually break up body fat and help people get rid of flab gradually. A good massage treatment offered by a qualified professional combines a number of effective practices. This can melt adipose tissue away. There are different types of massage techniques. Most of these work by increasing the detox capacity of the body and improving circulation significantly. We will dig deeper into it in the later sections of the article.
How Does Massage Help In Eliminating Fat?
Massage can banish body fat in a number of ways and it is always good to know how it works in order to take a well-informed decision. Here is how massage helps in eliminating fat:
- Massage improves the flow of blood throughout the body, which is good not only for obese people but also for others. However, an increase in the blood flow means better transportation of nutrients and oxygen to the muscles. This is necessary for burning more calories and preventing the storage of fat.
- A good massage therapy, especially an energetic one, is extremely helpful in eliminating ‘subcutaneous fat’. The presence of such fat can easily be understood by pinching the skin with fingers. Massaging these troubled areas can rupture the fat cells and speed up the release of excess fat.
- Massage helps in loosening up fat from muscles and skin, thereby allowing more transportation of oxygen and more burning of fat. This also enhances the functionalities of the lymphatic system, which drains all toxins out of the body and eradicates stubborn fat eventually.
- Massaging always warms up the muscles and this warmth also plays an important role in removing additional pounds. It can make the fat softer and prepare it to be eliminated easily through exercise. In certain cases, the warmth generated by massage can itself melt the fat away.
How To Massage Out Excess Body Fat?
As said earlier, there are different types of massage techniques to get rid of additional body fat. However, the ‘Chinese Medicine Massage’ has been found to be the most popular as well as highly effective one for this purpose. It is even considered as one of the best natural ways to banish stubborn belly fat. Find below the step-by-step method for massaging out extra body fat:
- Find a convenient place with a flat and firm surface to lie down on your back or sit straight. Decide on the initial position based on the part of your body you are going to work on.
- Bring your palms closer and rub them together. Basically, you need to warm your hands up to make the most of your massage efforts.
- Once both of your palms feel hot enough, place one of them on the troubled part of your body and start rubbing gently.
- Move your palm in small circles while putting very light yet firm pressure on the skin.
- Increase the radii of the circles gradually while maintaining the pressure. It would widen them and you will need at least a couple of seconds to finish each circular movement. The massage will build up heat in that specific region of the body and you have to focus on that. If enough heat is not generated during the process, you need to recheck your massage technique.
- Continue the massage for 2-3 minutes so that you can make at least 40 to 50 circles by using your palm.
- Repeat the steps for all other parts of your body, which have accumulated extra fat.
Can Massage Squeeze Out Body Fat? – Few Important Facts
While regular massage can help extra body fat disappear faster, one should follow some simple rules while performing it. These will maximize the impact of the practice without causing any adverse effects on your health. Here is what you need to know about performing massage for body fat elimination:
- Massage the troubled regions of your body at least twice every day. Be as consistent as possible.
- Perform it right before having your breakfast when your stomach is empty and also prior to going to bed when your stomach is not too filled. Massaging right after having a heavy meal is strictly prohibited.
- A massage should not be performed by a person going through pregnancy or internal hemorrhage. It should also be avoided by people, who have some other health issues, such as kidney stones, gallbladder stones, hypertension, genital inflammation, stomach ulcer, and intestinal ulcer.
The best thing about massage is that it not only helps in squeezing the body fat out but also assists in preventing its further accumulation. When combined with a well-balanced diet and a powerful exercise program, it can lower the release of cortisol hormone in the body significantly. This is essential for decreasing the production of fat in the body, which keeps the body weight under control.
In short, massage can truly help people, who are struggling hard to shed off excess body fat, by turning them into fit and fab over time.